Fashion Blabbage #11 - New Year Habits

 


      "It has been a while since I did one of these! I was mostly thinking of tossing them because they don't seem too terribly popular actually and I tend to ramble wayyyyy too much, however I wanted to touch base with everyone like I do every year around this time! 

      I can't believe it is already the closing of the year. I really feel like I just did one of these thank you end of the year announcements just the other day. Despite the toil, struggle, ups and downs of the year 2020 not only in Second Life, but also in Real life, there were many a day I didn't know if I would be able to keep my annual promise of continuing this blog. After 8 years of this work, many of my peers that I began blogging with and I looked up to have either quit blogging themselves, left the grid completely, or are even doubting why they are still doing this work. Seeing that makes you look into yourself and wonder, "Is this still worth it to me?"

     I will confess that for a while, it wasn't. I was thinking of retiring myself near the end of 2020. Part of my recent hiatus was me stepping back from Second Life and really thinking about what I was doing in and with my Second Life and how I honestly felt about continuing to be here and how much I was willing to continue investing in it. Coming back from hiatus gave me a breath of fresh air however. I had never taken a real vacation from Secondlife [I usually carry my gaming laptop with me when I go on vacations, so even thou I may not be blogging, I'll still pop into SL here and there] ever in 8 years, and it was a great way for me to clear my mind. I will probably do that more often. I was still unsure however if my work, thou I loved it here in SecondLife, actually impacted my community or if I had really just ran my course and it was time to move on.

      Getting a nomination for the Dope Awards this year gave me just the answer I was looking for, without even realizing I was needing it. A simple nomination, I'm not worried about winning to be very honest due to the amazing blogger lineup, was enough to let me know that I did have a impact on my community. Most of us long time bloggers aren't particularly looking for praise, awards, recognition, or even fame. We are simply wanting to know that the work we put out there is actually helpful and recognizable to others. Thou the love of doing such work is always the top reason to do anything, that is also another factor. 

      So with that, I again invested in my love here in SecondLife, which is why I've been kinda quiet lately! I purchased a new computer tower with more power and a better graphics card to continue to give the best quality, raw, unedited images of products possible to my viewers. I also have downloaded the new EEP Firestorm viewer, so it has been a slow process learning how it works, how to do the same tricks and skills with lighting and windlights, and how to put in my usual classic custom windlights into the new viewer. Thou I may not really blog much till the beginning of next year, I will be fully prepared to once again continue to give the best quality fashion, and photography I can possibly give. 

   I'm pretty excited. As I said in my small spill on Facebook regarding Dope Awards, thank you. ♥ Happy New Year to you all ahead of time just in case, and let's hope this next year, thou it may still be hard due to things in the world, may also begin to be better. xoxoxoxoxo

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hair: DOUX - Valentine hairstyle at Dubai
Headband: e.marie // 2021 Headband
Eye Shadow/Lipstick: IDTTY FACES - Glitz and Glam Collection
Necklace/Earrings: e.marie // Lua Earrings and Necklace
Dress: SPIRIT - Diva dress at UBER
Bag: [BB] La Belle Wristlet Clutch Gold Set
Shoes: [Gos] Anastasia Anklet Sandals from FaMESHed X

Location: The Ginger Hutch [Home]


Previously Blogged:

Bindi: Kibitz - Merylin bindi
Eye: .euphoric ~Beverly Eyes  Applier ~ 
Freckles: Izzie's - Heavy Freckles
Tattoo: Mimmi Collection #Love Words Tattoo



Body Details:

Mesh Body: -Belleza- Freya Full  
Body/skin effects: THIS IS WRONG Folk Materials Shine
Nails: Ascendant - Viper Nails
Feet: Belleza
Hands: Belleza
Head: Lelutka


Social Media:

Facebook                                 Flickr
Pinterest                            Twitter 

Comments

Popular Blog Posts