Then and Now Challenge - Always Progressing

Earliest picture of myself in my epic noobiness.

     It has been a long time coming.
I actually started Second Life wayyyy back in 2012, but I seem to have deleted most the past evidence of my noobiness from previous. I'm kinda glad deep inside -- It wasn't really till 2013 anyway that I started becoming serious about my photography style and got a hang of how to dress and put my avatar together in the first place. lol. I may be saving all of you a terrible eyesore.

     I really love challenges like this, that kinda make us go back in time and not only reflect on how much we have changed in Second Life quality of appearance, but also how we have progressed in the things we are doing here too. So this post is gonna be a little bit of rambling on about that too.

Elf ears and lifestyling for me didn't show up till the launch of my own personal blog, Detached Enigma in 2015.

     I'm always honestly surprised that I'm still doing blogging after all this time. I decided to do blogging as some as you know back in 2013, with the launch of a blog called Martian Brat, a collaborative blog with my virtual twin sister. My first blog post I ever made for the public eye is here. This was after a lot of encouragement from people, as I was doing quite a bit of picture taking back then on a Facebook page I had created for Second life. I used a lot of simple backdrops, and played with color and contrast of those colors mostly at the time, in a lot more complicated collage styling of images than I do now in order to capture viewers.

     After a while, I moved from Martian Brat and worked for a blog collaboration called Defined Style, which featured several key bloggers at the time. This is when I was becoming more confident with my collage style and was trying new things, including adding more in world locations, and combining my collage style in different designs. I also started doing more cross collaborations with my blogging co-contributors, featuring different bloggers of that time. My very first blog post is here.

     Eventually however, it came to a time I had to do things all on my own, and thou intimidated and fearing it would all fall apart on me, I launched Detached Enigma, my official first version of the blog back in 2015. My earliest post can be seen here. Detached is also where I embraced being an elf, adding them to my blog posts and making it a trademark of my look, which were at first an occasional fun feature I was adding due to my roleplaying activities.


     The one thing I noticed that has stayed constant in my work despite all the progression is my determination to keep my work mostly edit free. It's also become a trademark of my overall blog and work, something I'm actually proud of. I keep editing to a bare minimum, most of it involving cropping for the collage styling I still maintain, as well as adding my long standing LOGO of my work. I feel like this keeps my work honest, with viewers knowing "what they see is what they get," far as product quality.

     I'm very pleased overall with how I've progressed as a blogger, and also my avatar. I'm excited to share and continue growing with all of you in 2019. Thank you for reading and supporting me! ♥

Hair: [monso] My Hair - Triss at Collabor88
Jacket: -Pixicat- Classy.Blazer at Collabor88
Pants: -Pixicat- Classy.Pants at Collabor88
Shoes: Garbaggio // Riot Pumps 


Previously Blogged:

Face Jewerly [bindi/nosering]: ^^Swallow^^ Princess Face Jewellery
Freckles: Insol: Facial freckles: whole face
Lip ring: CODE-5 [ Pamerale ] FEMALE V0.04
Necklace: Kibitz - Pheo necklace

Body Details:

Mesh Body: Slink Physique Hourglass Mesh Body
Ears: LOGO Expressive Elf Ears - Bento Edition v1.0
Feet: Slink
Hands: -VA-F-VISTA BENTO PROHANDS FEM-V.1FINAL
Head: Catwa bento 3.0

Comments

Popular Blog Posts